Tuesday, August 28, 2007

My Dream Home




While on the Creating Keepsakes website I happened to do a challenge of "Here is where I live" layout. I have posted the pic of my house. Now don't get me wrong I like my house. I just think we have outgrown it. It is about 1400 sq. ft. and has three rooms (used to be four). We have really built it up to be our house, the way we like it. We pulled out all the carpet and replaced it with wood flooring, which I absolutely love. We put in marble countertops - a total splurge, but well worth it. One day my husband broke through the living room wall and built a built-in entertainment center for our TV and then had the wood guys finish off the other side (his office) with a built in wood shelf unit. It is all dark wood and my favorite colors. I just about died when my husband said I could pick out the colors all by myself with absolutely no imput from him. I picked out this wonderful burgundy for our kitchen, an olive and cream for our living room, a light creamy brown for our hallway and bathrooms and then we had painted his office blue and grey, but had to repaint it cream when we put our house up for sale last year. Needless to say the market sucked at the time. We just don't seem to have enough space for all of us. There is perfect space for our bodies, just not our personalities. You can hear just about anyone talking in any rooms because of the vents. Or maybe it is just my mother ears. My hobby desk is in my husband's office and pretty soon he will have to move out into the garage because I need more space for scrapbooking. I would also love to have a tub that the water doesn't run out of before you step into the bath; not to mention I would love to turn the ater back on while in the tub and have it hot, not run cold for ten minutes, then hot. Yes, I am spoiled, get over it. I also would love to just turn on the sprinklers outside. Instead I have to wait til the sprinkler is spraying over past the front door and then run as fast as possible, stick my key in the lock and get in the door before it gets me wet. Just a couple of years ago, I did not know that houses were made without sprinklers. Swear. No I am not stupid. Quit laughing. Every house I have every lived in apparently had been one of the newer ones out there. Or maybe I am just totally wrapped up in my own world. Very possible. The next picture is a pic of my dream home. I was shopping for Christmas Cards one year here and saw this card and would have bought it had I not already vowed the do a family photo card. I love the way this card makes you want to walk inside that house and have hot chocolate by the fire. I love that I can picture building snowmen and igloos out front. I love that I can picture myself reading in one of the big rooms upstairs by one of the large windows. I love that I can picture my husband and I having more kids and growing into this house. I can see myself sitting in a porch swing drinking iced tea (during the summer that is). I just see a great dream world in this house. So if anyone out there happens to live here, please leave me your address I would be happy to purchase your house from you.

2 comments:

Dettao said...

I need to do this with a picture of my first house. I did one recently about the front door to my current house. Like your blog. Saw you on Butterscotch Palace and thought I'd check you out

Heidi said...

I loved this challenge because we have so many new things that have happened in this house. It saddens me to think we may leave it someday because of all the wonderful memories and doing this challenge has kept these memories forever.