Monday, August 6, 2007

Love and My Husband







I love my husband and not just in the "we dated, got married and have been together for years" so I should just love him. No, I really love him. He is the only man I have ever met or known who can fix anything. And I don't mean anything in the sense that he can stop a toilet from overflowing or fix a flat tire. I mean he can really fix ANYTHING. He has fixed our pool, not just the hose or cleaner, but the actual pool where the back flow and other controls are. He has taken apart our dishwasher and put it back together. He has broken a hole in our living room wall/office and built a built-in entertainment center that fits our TV like a glove. When we were dating and my car would act up he would tell me to bring it over and he would fix it. I have posted pictures of things he did on one occasion recently that came from his Honey-Do list. The first is the cat window seat for my Tuesday. Tuesday used to be an outdoor/indoor cat. When I moved in with my husband there were numerous dogs eating cats and other wildlife. So I put a stop to her going out. Now she sits at a door or window and waits. She is Houdini. She can make it out that door and you never knew she was there. So I try to curb this by providing open windows with screens for her to look out and window seats with a view and cat trees. Our house is very cat friendy. My husband is very patient with me. Anyway, the last one broke or I should say became a diving board. Every time she stepped on the window seat she was catapulted onto her cat tree right next to it. So my husabnd built this one from scratch. I will take this moment to also tell you, while we were dating I wanted to spend Christmas Eve with him. He wanted to be at his house because of his son. I didn't want to be without my cats - YES I AM ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE. So I finally gave in and threw my cats in the car. When I got to his house, he and his son were in the garage finishing a cat tree they had built by hand. A huge plus. Since we remodeled our bathrooms last year I have been waiting for him to put up a towel rack in our bathroom. PS: That cream wash cloth was handmade by my mother. Then he put a screw up in the linen closet doorway. There is this curtain rod that hangs in place of a door and every time I touch the curtain the rod falls down. Blessed be, that is one of the best things. A screw. That's all it took. I love that screw. I swear it is the little things that matter. Then just this morning our air conditioner started leaking through the hallway ceiling. It occasionally does this. We haven't figured out why. So for the first half of the day we had three really large bowls in our hallway. I just cleaned out my Tupperware cupboard the other day and I threw out all my bad Tupperware. So I had to donate some good Tupperware to the garage. On the upside around four o'clock this afternoon my husband got on the roof and fixed the ac. Now we have a ceiling to fix, but I can live with that. He fixed the ac so fast this time I can't help but be impressed and totally thankful. Without him I would be spending lots of money on guys who bullshit me and overcharge me. Then there is a picture of my hubby in the flesh. I took this photo a few days ago. I was sneaking around the house taking photos for a scrapbook challenge and he caught me. Wanted to know what I was doing. I told him I was taking pictures of my favorite things. So he posed. What do you do? I added him to the page. How could I not?

No comments: